Auburn House Park, Lake & Facility Rules
The Auburn Bay Amenities are for the exclusive use of Members of the Auburn Bay Residents Association and their guests. Until the community has reached a self-sustainable level, this rule will be relaxed to allow outside residents to register for programs and rent the Auburn House. A non-resident fee will be added to the cost. However, only residents and their guests will be permitted to use the beach, park, or lake.
- Bicycles, liquor, and glass bottles are not permitted in the park.
- Scooters, rollerblades, roller-skates, skateboards, are not permitted in the park.
- Use of boogie boards or other such types of equipment will only be allowed when nobody is on the beach or in the swimming area.
- All Flotation/Splash Island toys are not to exceed four (4) meters in diameter.
- Pets are not permitted in the park, in the lake or on any ABRA managed property and pets are not allowed on the ice in the winter. Lake Shore/Lake Access homes must also comply.
- Open fires are not Charcoal briquettes are to be used in the barbeques.
- Smoking and/or e-cigarette usage is not permitted in any of the building facilities, park, pathways, and lake access ways.
- Members must refrain from using foul language in the park and rambunctious and unsafe behavior will not be tolerated.
- The use of motorized boats (including battery operated motors) or other vehicles is prohibited (except as required by the Association for maintenance or security purposes).
- Motorized remote control driven boats, planes, vehicles, and such are not permitted on ABRA property.
- Jumping or diving from any dock owned by the ABRA or from any boat is strictly prohibited.
- No person is permitted on the lake while Thin Ice signs are posted.
- No person shall at any time discharge, deposit, throw, dump, or place any trash or debris of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, any toxic or dangerous substance or material) in the lake, all of which are strictly prohibited at all times.
- The Auburn Bay Residents Association does not provide supervision or lifeguards for park/lake. Guardians are responsible for their children at all times. Members and guests will enter and use the park facilities at their own risk.
Boating (Rowboats, Canoes, Pedal Boats and Kayaks) and Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Boards
- Members wishing to sign out a boat or SUP must leave their membership card at the main gate or boathouse. The member who signs out the boat/SUP must be in the boat/SUP at all times.
- One membership card is required for each boat/SUP.
- You will receive a key to unlock a boat/SUP. Passing along the keys/equipment to other guests is prohibited. Once complete return the key to the Auburn House Staff.
- Unlock only one (1) boat/SUP with the key.
- Lifejackets must be worn at all times while using a boat/SUP rented from the ABRA.
- Jumping and swimming from the boats/SUP is strictly prohibited.
- If members exceed the time limit, boat/SUP privileges will be suspended.
- Boats have a two (2) hour time limit.
- SUP's have a forty-five (45) minute time limit.
- Members under the age of 16 will not be permitted the use of a boat unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- SUP boards are available to members age 16 and up. Only one (1) adult is permitted on a SUP board at one time.
- Boats/SUP's must not be pulled up onto the rocks or the beach.
- No docking at private docks.
- Boats/SUP's must come ashore immediately when potentially hazardous conditions exist, such as lightening, high winds, and storms or when instructed by the ABRA staff.
- Boats/SUP's must be used outside of the designated swimming area.
- The line of buoys is used to mark the swimming area.
- No boat/SUP shall be operated in an unsafe manner.
- Any equipment that is damaged should be returned to the Boathouse or Main Gate immediately and the appropriate staff member notified.
- All equipment must be returned one half hour before closing.
- No boats/SUP's will be allowed out one (1) hour prior to closing.
- Boats/SUP's used in foreign waters must be cleaned prior to launching, to prevent contamination of our lake.
- ALWAYS return your boat/SUP to the public dock you received it from (not to the beach shore).
Skating and Tobogganing
- Tobogganing is permitted in designated areas only.
- Nobody is allowed on the ice while the Zamboni or other equipment is servicing the ice.
- Hockey sticks and pucks are not permitted on the pleasure rink.
Guests of Members
- Residents eligible for membership cannot be signed in as guests.
- Adult members are permitted up to five(5) guests per household. Members’ children 12 to 16 years of age, entering the park without an adult, are permitted up to two (2) guests per household. All guests must be signed in with the Customer Relations Associate before entering the park/facility.
- For more than five(5) guests, a Guest List form must be completed and returned to the Auburn House Administration Office prior to your event for approval.
- Guest Lists are accepted and approved on a first come, first serve basis. Auburn House accepts a maximum five (5) Guest Lists per day (not including picnic shelter rentals).
- Members may submit up to two (2) Guest Lists per household per summer season (June 1 – September 30) at no charge. Additional Guest Lists are $30.00+gst per Guest List (not including picnic shelter rentals).
- Members are permitted to submit one (1) Guest List per household per day.
- ABRA has the right to decline any large group.
- Note – infants who are mobile must be counted as a guest.
Issuance of Membership Card
Procedure for obtaining a membership card:
- If you are the registered owner of the property, bring a copy of your Certificate of Title to the office along with a piece of Government issued picture ID. The Certificate of Title can also be received by way of fax/mail/email. Certificate of Titles are not kept on file at Auburn House. Any Certificate of Title faxed/mailed/emailed will be shredded after being reviewed. Members must reside in the Auburn Bay home to be eligible for a membership card.
- Renters – the homeowner may transfer their privileges to the renters. Owners or renters (not both) may have lake/facility access. If the owners wish to transfer their privileges to the renters, a Transfer of Privileges form must be completed and returned to the Auburn House Administration Office. This form is available from the Administration Office and on AuburnBay-connect.com. If owners would like communication from the ABRA (invoices, AGM notices, etc.) sent to a different address, please inform the administration office.
- Unmarried children, boarders, and nannies who are 21 years of age or older will be issued cards when they supply proof that they live at that address, by way of a piece of Government issued picture ID with the current address on it.
- Membership cards are eligible to be renewed every three (3) years free of charge, at the members’ request. If a membership card is lost, residents will be charged a $10.00 fee for replacement.
- Children under 12 will not be issued cards and are only allowed to use the facilities when accompanied by an adult.
- Membership cards remain the property of the Auburn Bay Residents Association. ABRA will seize cards and suspend access if the holder of the card breaches the rules.
- Members may bring in guests to scuba dive providing all divers are open water certified.
- All Divers must show their certification cards before entering the park with their dive gear.
- All Divers must dive with a certified buddy. There must be at least two (2) divers in the water at all times.
- Divers must use a flag so swimmers and boaters will know where the divers are.
- Divers will be asked to sign in and out at the main gate and they will be asked to sign a waiver or release of liability.
- Membership fees are mandatory and are due April 1st of every year.
- A “Member” is defined in the Auburn Bay Residents Association Brochure.
- Members must present their membership card to gain entrance to the park and facility.
- Members accessing the Auburn Bay Amenities must carry their membership card at all times and present it for inspection upon request of the Auburn Bay Residents Association staff.
- Membership cards are not transferable.
- Lending your membership card to another person is prohibited and will result in a temporary suspension of membership privileges as determined by ABRA.
- For ages 12-15, a Youth Waiver Form must be completed in order to receive their membership card and gain access to the park and lake.
Gymnasium Rules and Guest Policy
- All users must check in at the office before entering the gymnasium.
- Adult Members in good standing are permitted to bring up to a maximum of five (5) guests (per household) and youth members 12 to 16 years of age using the gymnasium without an adult are permitted to bring up to a maximum of two (2) guests (per household) to any open gym time or gym drop in program. All guests must be signed in with the Customer Relations Associate before entering the gymnasium.
- Adult guests attending open gym or gym drop in - $5.00/guest/day.
- Youth guests (under 18 years of age) attending open gym or gym drop in - $2.00/guest/day.
- All users must act in a safe and responsible manner.
- Shoes with non marking soles only. No socked or bare feet, flip flops, or sandals (of any kind).
- Indoor shoes only. Outdoor shoes must be removed before entering the gymnasium and placed in the appropriate storage available.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- No food or drink (except water).
- Bicycles, rollerblades, scooters, and skateboards are prohibited.
- No gymnasium equipment permitted in the mezzanine area or on the stage.
- Some equipment may be required to be signed out from the office with your membership card.
- Profanity or abusive language is prohibited.
- Drop-in gym users – please help with the setup and take down of gym equipment
- Members and their guests will enter and use the gymnasium at their own risk.
- Members in good standing and their guests are permitted to fish and may only use one fishing rod each.
- The daily take home limit is two (2) fish per Member, with a monthly take home limit of twelve (12) fish per residence. Any fish kept by guests will be included in the residents' limits.
- ABRA encourages the Catch and Release practice. Care must be taken to release the fish properly.
- Each Member must register the number of fish caught before leaving the park.
- No live bait or any type of food, or nets may be used to catch fish.
- Lead weights are not permitted for environmental reasons.
- Single barbless hooks only (no treble hooks).
- Cleaning of fish is not permitted on the Auburn Bay Residents Association property, pathways, docks, shoreline, ABRA boats, or within the lake.
- Members must leave their membership card with the appropriate staff member when they enter the park to fish. The exception to this is when they are renting a boat.
- Fishing within five (5) meters of a private or public dock is prohibited.
- No unattended lines are allowed off the member’s or access way docks.
- Ice fishing holes must be made by an ice auger and no larger than 8 inches in diameter. No holes may be made in any cleared skating area.
- Tennis courts are to be used for tennis only.
- Soft soled court shoes are to be used.
- Chairs and other hard objects are not permitted on the courts.
- The courts are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Use of the courts is to be restricted to 30 minute periods during busy times, except if a formal instruction program is scheduled by the ABRA.
- Proper tennis etiquette should prevail to resolve disputes.
- Jumping, sitting, or leaning on the tennis nets is strictly prohibited.
Picnic Shelter Reservations
- There are 4 picnic shelters available for rental.
- Members may rent a picnic shelter for a minimum of two (2) hours and a maximum period of up to three (3) hours. Rentals can be made by contacting the Adminstration Office (during office hours).
- Members are asked to arrive ten (10) minutes before their rental in order to sign in. The rental will be held for fifteen (15) minutes after the scheduled time. If the member has not arrived within that time, the reservation will be cancelled and the picnic shelter will become available to other members.
- During periods the picnic shelters are not rented, residents may use them on a drop in basis up to 15 minutes before the next rental begins. There is a maximum time limit of 3 hours in the picnic shelters.
Lake Access Walkways
- The lake access walkways are for the sole use of the homeowners of the Lake Access Lots that have gate access to these walkways.
- Boats are not permitted to be stored at the dock or on the access way for extended periods of time. No overnight storage is allowed.
- Considerations for park hours should be given on walkways.
- No pets, glass bottles, liquor, motorized vehicles or open fires are permitted on Lake Access Walkways.
All such Members and their guests are permitted the use of the Auburn Bay Amenities at their own risk and subject to the following rules and regulations.
Any violation of the the above policies will result in:
Warning by the Auburn Bay Residents Association Management or suspension of privileges for a period of time that is deemed appropriate by the Auburn Bay Residents Association.
ABRA does not accept liability for any damage or loss of personal items or personal injury for Members, Family Members, Guests, and Non-Residents. Members, guests, or participants should ensure they have adequate homeowners insurance in place to cover against property damage or loss and personal injury.
In all matters, whether or not specifically covered herein, courtesy and common sense shall prevail. Staff members are not provided for supervising or babysitting. Play safe and be respectful of the park and other members in the park. Members are encouraged to approach staff with any questions or concerns they may have. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Please note that the Auburn Bay Residents Association Staff and Residents will not tolerate physical or verbal abuse of any kind. The necessary authorities will be immediately called if this behaviour occurs.
Management of the Auburn Bay Residents Association reserves the right to change or update the Rules and Regulations as necessary without notice.